Drinking Water Facilities:
About 80,000 kilolitres of drinking water would be needed for Kumbh Mela 2013. Mela administartion has been arranged according to the requirement in Mela Area.
- 40 hand pumps installed at the Mela ground.
- 5 Overhead Tanks have constructed.
It is estimated that about 25,800 metric tonne of Food Grains are needed to provide Food to Kalpvassis, Seers, Saints and Devotees. The food grains will be distributed through Public Distribution Systems at Subsidy Rates.
- Over 1.90 lakh ration cards will be distributed among Kalpvasis, Seers, Akharas, Devotees and Saints for issue of Food Grains. Each card will have a Serial number along with name, address and mobile number of the card holder. Hologram also will be place on the card to avaoid duplication of the ration card.
- 125 shops have been setup to distribute the food grains at mela area.
- 150 Milk distribution points have setup at Mela area.
- 25 Kerosene Oil Dsitributors have been appointed.
Some Subsidy Rates are as Follows...
Wheat : Rs4.65 per KG.
Floor : Rs5 per KG.
Rice : Rs6.15 per KG.
Sugar : Rs13.50 per K.
Urban Development Department, Allahabadhas provided the facilities for smooth movement of Tarffic during Maha Kumbh Mela.
- 156.20 kilometers of temporary roads have been constructed.
- 18 Pontoon Bridges have been constructed.
Mela Administaration has provided communication facilities to dial Police, Fire and Ambulance in case of any emergency and also has been setup a Call Centre for the convenience of Foreign Tourists.
1)Emergency Service Numbers
|Emergency Services||Contact Telephone Number||Short Code|
If the pilgrims do not have the STD facility in their telephone, they can use the Short Code numbers to get connected to these emergency service numbers accordingly.
All these emergency service numbers are accessible from BSNL Landline/WLL/GSM(Cell) and all other all private telecom operators in India. All the calls made from network are on chargeable basis from the calling party.
2)CALL CENTRE DETAILS for Foreign Tourists:
Location: Vikas Bhawan, Allahabad
Call Centre Number : 0532-2548833
e-mail ID : email@example.com
Working Hours : 24hours(round the Clock)