Bhasma Aarti is a daily ritual offered to Sri Mahakaleshwar, the main deity of Mahakaleshwara temple, Ujjain at 4am. It is two hour long ritual. Bhasma means "ASH". The Bhasma Aarti is performed using burning dried Cow Dung. During Aarti, chanting of Mantras, Sound and Vibrations within make it a very powerful aarti once in a life time experience. Among 12 Jyothirlingas, the Mahakaleswara Jyothirlinga is the only Jyothirling where Bhasma Aarti is performed.
During the Bhasma Aarti no one is allowed to enter into Garbhagriha. Devotees will be allowed to Nandi Hall & Barricades for participating in the Bhasma Aarti. Nandi Hall which is situated outside the Sanctum Santorumm, accommodates 100 people where as 500 devotees could sit near Barricades behind the Nandi Hall. It is the only Jyothirlinga Temple where Aartis are performed 5 times in a day.
Minimum Requirements for Bhasmarti Aarti Online Booking:
- A valid e-mail ID Address of the main applicant.
- Scanned Photos of all devotees in the format of Jpg/Jpeg only.
- Scanned Proof of Identity(Aadhar Card, Bank Passbook, Driving License, Office ID, PAN Card, Valid Passport & Voter Identity Card) of all devotees.
Instructions before applying online Bhasmarti Booking:
- Bhasmarti shall be booked in advance of maximum 30 days only.
- A Maximum of 4 devotees including applicant will be allowed per one Online Bhasmarti Booking Ticket.
- In case of children Identity Proof of Parent is allowed.
- If any devotee does not have any type of Photo Identity & proof of Identity, specify his/her relation with Applicant(Ticket will be issued in the name of Applicant)
- If applicant wants to participate in Bhasmarti, his/her name and details should be entered.
- No Charge or Fee for Bhasma Aarti. Bhasmarti Seva is absolutely Free of Cost
Bhasma Aarti Online Booking Procedure:
The online booking procedure for Bhasmarti seva is very easy and simple. The details are as follow...
Step1: click on BHASMARTI BOOKING LINK
Step2: Click on the Date
Step3: Enter the Applicant's Name, Mobile No, e-mail & Address and then upload the Scanned photo and scanned Identity Proof. Select Photo Proof & enter the proof of Identity No.
Step4: Enter the other devotees details with uploading their scanned photo & proof of Identity.
Step5: Select Permission Name(Nandi Hall/Barricades) and the click on CHECK AVAILABILITY
Step6: Enter Captcha(code from the image) and finally click on SUBMIT.
Step7: If quota is available then a message will be displayed as "Booking Successfully!!Download of Printer Receipt" on the screen. Click on the message to download the receipt. Devotees would be intimated through SMS.
- List of confirmed Applicants will be displayed in Temple Website at 7PM, one day before the day of Bhasmarti.
- Entry for Bhasmarti will be denied after 5:00am
- Confirmed Devotees should bring Original ID Proof along with Online Booking Receipt.
- A Bhasma Aarti Counter is available near front gate of the temple. Devotees shall drop their applications at this counter for which a computerized receipt would be given to them.