Vargal is the abode of Goddess Sri Saraswathi Devi. Sri Vidya Saaswati Devi Temple is situated on a hillock(small hill) in the village of Vargal(Wargal) in Medak District of Andhrapradesh, India. Lord Shani Temple is situated on the same hillock. The temple is famous for Akshara Abyasam(Learning Ceremony) for children.
Vasantha Panchami, Navartri Mahaotsavams and Shani Tryodasi festivals are being celebrated in a grand manner in this temple.
The temple is one among the few temple of Goddess Sri Saraswathi Devi in the state of AndhraPradesh. Sri Saraswathi Devi, Goddess of Education and Knowledge is the main deity of this temple. Shani Tryodasi is celebrated in Lord Shani Temple.
The other temples located on the same hillock of Vargal are
1. Lord Shani Temple
2. Lord Lakshmi Ganapathi Temple,
3. Lord Shiva Temple and
4. Few Vishnu Temples, Now these temples completely damaged without mula vigrahas(main deities) in them. These temples were built before Kakatiya rulers.
Sri Vidya Saraswati Shani Temples Timings:
- Monday to Thursday: 6:00am to 12:30pm & 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Friday to Sunday : 6:00am to 2:00pm & 4:00pm to 7:00pm
How to Reach the Vargal Temple:
The temple Goddess Sri Vidya Saraswathi Devi is situated at about 47kms from Secunderabad. All the express buses moving to Karminagar are request stoppage at Wargal X-Roads. The temple is just about 5kms distance from this place.
APSRTC Buses are available every 10 minutes from Jubliee Bus-stand.
Temple Address & Contact Numbers:
Sri Vidya Saraswati Shaneeswara Temple,
Contact Phone Numbers: 08454-255035 / 9247851122
Temple Official Website:
History of Sri Vidya Saraswati Temple, Vargal:
- On the day of Vasantha Panchami in 1989, Bhoomi Pooja was performed and foundation stone was laid for the temple of Sri Vidya Saraswathi Devi.
- On the day of Trayodasi of Maga Suddha month in 1992, "Pushpagiri Peetadhipathi Sri Sri Sri Vidya Nrusimha Bharthi Swamy" laid the foundation to the idols of Goddess Sri Saraswati Devi and Lord Shaneeswara.
- In 1998, Satya Patam Seva Samethi, a committee started temple building process on this hillock where 400 years old temples were situated.
- In 1999, a Vedic Patashala(School) was started by "Sri Shankara Vijaya Saraswathi" of Kanchi Petam.
- Now the temple is maintained by "Kanchi Kamakoti Petam".
- The temple complex was a brain child of Sri Yamavaram Chandrashekhara Sharma" Scholared, Astrolger, Vastu experter and follwer of Goddess Sri Saraswathi Devi.
Sri Saraswathi Devi Temple: Vasantha Panchami and Navaratri Utsava Mahotsavams are being celebrated every year in a grand manner.
Lord Shani Temple: Shani Tyrodasi is the most auspicious day for the Lord Shani which falls on the Saturday coincides with Tyrodasi, the 13th day in a fortnight of Hindu Calendar On this day special rituals are being performed to the Lord.
Facilities @ Sri Vidya Saraswathi Mandir, Wargal:
- Nitya Annadanam(Free Meals) facility is available for all devotees.
- Veda Patashala(Vedic School) is available in the temple premesis with accommodation. Many students are learning Vedas from this school. This school was started in the year 1999.