Ramnathi Temple is the abode of Shri Ramnath(Lord Shiva). The present Ramnath temple is located in small village of Bandora, about 30km from the capital city Panaji, State of Goa, India. The name "Ram" - "Nath" equals to "Lord of Rama"(Lord Shiva) and hence temple is came to be known as Ramnathi.
The main deity and other deities of Ramnath temple are Shri Ramnath(The chief deity of Ramnathi Devasthan), Goddess Shanteri, Goddess Kamakshi, Shri Lakshmi Narayan, Shree Ganapathi, Betal and Kalabhairav. The temple details are as follow...
Shri Ramnath Temple, Ramnathi Address & Contact Telephone Numbers:
Shree Ramnath Devasthan,
Goa - 403401,
Phone Nos. : 0832-2335174/2335281
Sri Ramnath Devasthan Darshan Timings:
The temple is open from 7:30 in the morning to 9:30 in the night for all days in a year.
- Shri Ramnath Temple official website: www.ramnathi.org &
- Shri Ramnath Temple official e-mail ID : email@example.com
History of Shree Ramnath Temple, Goa:
- The idol of Sri Ramnath was initially installed in Loutolin(formerly Lotti), Goa by Guad Saras Brahmins who had migrated from Rameshwar in the southern shores of India.
- Later the idol of Lord Ramnathi was shifted to Bandivade(Bandora) to avoid persecution by the Portuguese regime in the 16th century. In 2011, the Ramnath Temple completed 450 years at the present location.
- As per the legend, it is believed that Shri Ramanth deity was originally installed by Lord Shri Rama in Rameshwar. after killing Ravana in the batle and came back from Lanka with his consor Sita Devi.
- It is said that in order to absolve him of killing Ravana, Shri Rama prayed Lord Shiva and installed Shivalinga at Rameshwar.
- Hence this place came to be known as Rameshwar or Ramnath
Important Annual Festivals:
MahaShivaratri Festival: The festival is celebrated in a grand manner for 6 days in the month of February/March in every year. It begins on the day of Magh Vadhya Dwadashi(Magha Shukla Dwadasi) and concludes on the day of Falgun Suddha Dwitiya(Phalguna Suddha Vidiya).
Navaratri Utsava Mahotsavam: Dasara Navaratri Festival is celebrated in the month of Septembet/October for a period of 10days. The festival begins on Aswayuja Suddha Padyami and ends on Aswayuja Suddha Ekadasi.
Shri Ramnath Temple Route Map: