Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple, Tirupati is the abode of Sri Govindaraja Swamy. Sri Govindaraja Swamy, the presiding deity of the temple, is in reclining pose in the temple. The other shrines of the temple are Goddess Sri Andal, Sri Parthasarathi and Sri Venkateswara Swamy. Sri Ramanuja Chary a Vaishnava Preceptor founded the Govindaraja swami Temple in 1130 A.D.
Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple Address, Timings and Contact Telephone Numbers:
- Sri Govindaraja Swamy Temple is located in Tirupati Town, Andhra pradesh, India and it is just about 250 meters distance away from Tirupati Railway Station.
- The temple is opened daily at 5:00am and is closed at 9:00 in the night.
- The Temple contact telephone number is 0877-2264592 or call TTD Call Centre 0877-2277777/2233333 for more details.
Sri GovindaRaja Swamy Temple Annual Festivals:
The important annual festivals of the temple are Teppotsavams (float festival) & Swamy vari Brahmotsavams.
- Annual Brahmotsavams: Every year Sri Govindaraja Swamy Brahmotsavams begins on Shasti Thidi in Vaishaka Masa(may month) and ends on Pournami(full moon day) in Jyestha Masam(May/June) for a period of 9 days.
- Annual Float Festival: Every year the festival is celebrated as per Hindu calendar from Magha Masa( Feb/March) Suddha Navami to Magha Masa Suddha Pournami for a period of Seven days.