Akshaya Tritiya is a Holy Day for Hindus and Jains. Akshaya Tritiya is being celebrated on the third day of the bright half of the month of Vaishaka or Baisakha i.e. on the day of Vaishaka Suddha Thadiya(April/May) in every year. In Sanskrit the word "Akshaya" means "Never Diminishes" and the word "Tritiya" means "Third Day".
In the year 2015, Akshaya Tritiya, a holy day falls on April 21, 2015 (Tuesday). Akshaya Tritiya is called as "AKHA TEEJ" and also known as "Navanna Parvam.
Religious Significance of Akshaya Tritiya:
- According to Hindu Mythology, the TRETA YUGA was started on this auspicious day.
- It is believed that Veda Vyas and Lord Ganesh began to write the Mahabharat, the Hindu Epic.
- It is believed that the Ganges river descended to the earth from the heaven on this holy day
- Traditionally, it is observed that the day of Akshaya Tritiya as birthday of Lord Parasurama, the 6th incarnation of Lord Maha Vishnu.
- Pandavas received 'Akshaya Patra' from the Sun God.
- Goddess Annapurna Devi appeared on this auspicious day.
- In Odisha state, Akshaya Tritiya is an Agriculture Festival. In western Odhisha, this festival is called as "Muthi Chhuan".
Importance of Day of Akshya Tritiya (Akha Teej):
- The holy CHAR DAM Yatra begins on this auspicious day.
- The holy CHANDAN Yatra of Lord Puri Jaannath begins in various Shrines of Odhisha State. And also on this auspicious day, Carpenters start building the Cars(Ratha) of Lord Jagannath, Balabadra and Subhadra for Puri Jagannath Ratha Yatra.
- Chandanotsavam(Nijaroopa Darshan) of Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy in Simhachalam temple, Andhrapradesh.
Hence People believed that this holy day brings GOOD LUCK and SUCCESS and also believed that the day is auspicious for starting New Business/Ventures, purchasing of assets like Gold, Silver, Diamond(including Ornaments) and etc.,
In Jain Religion, the Jains are believed that Akshya Tritiya is a Supremely auspicious day. This day is associated with Lord Adinatha also known as Rishabhadeva, first of the twenty-four Tirthankaras.
On this holy day, Jains observe fasting and end their fasting with Sugarcane Juice. They also perform various religious rituals throughout the day.
SrivariCollections wishes "Good Luck and Great Success" for all on the auspicious day of "AKSHAYA TRITIYA".