Char Dham, the four sacred Hindu Pilgrimage places nestled in Garhwal Himalayas, India. The YAMUNOTRI, GANGOTRI, Sri KEDARNATH and Sri BADRINATH are the four holy places which are located in the state of Uttarakand(Uttaranchal) in India.
Traditionally, the CharDham Yatra begins with the darshan of Shrine of Yamunotri and finally ends with the darshan of Sri Badrinarayan(Lord Maha Vishnu) in Badrinath Temple. This holy yatra is undertaken from the west to the east(clockwise direction) in a manner followed for circumambulation in Hindu Temples.
The Char Dam (the four holy shrines) are opened for a period of 6 months only in a year from April/May to October/November for darshan and will be closed from October/November to April/May due to winter season and heavy snowfall in that region.
Char Dham Yatra 2015 Beginning Dates:
It is an ongoing tradition to be followed in this holy region that the temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri are opened on the day of Akshaya Tritiya in every year. According to the Hindu Calendar this auspicious day falls on Vaishaka Suddha(Shukla) Trutiya(April/May) in every year.
This year 2015, the Char Dham Yatra begins on April 21, 2015(Tuesday)[the holy day of Akshaya Tritiya] on April 21, 2015(Tuesday)[the holy day of Akshaya Tritiya]
- The temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri will be opened on the beginning day of Char Dham Yatra April 21, 2015(Tuesday).
- The Kedarnath Temple is opened on April 23, 2015(Thursday) at 6:15am and the Badrinath temple is opened on April 24, 2015(Friday) at 4:26am.
Closing Dates of Char Dham Temples in 2015:
- The temples of Yamunotri and Gangotri are closed on the day of Deewali(Festival of Lights) in every year. This year 2015, these holy shrines will be closed on November 11, 2015(Wednesday)
- The temple of Kedarnath is closed on November 13, 2015(Friday) and
- The temple of Badrinath will be closed on November 14, 2015(Saturday)
SrivariCollections wishes a Very Happy and Safe CharDham Yatra 2015 for all.
**God Blesses to ALL**